Let me guess, you own or operate a startup with a slim marketing budget, a ton of things to do, little to no time, and not enough staff to handle the meat and potatoes of your industry specifics, let alone marketing!
So how does a startup with little money, time, and manpower take the market by storm?
The answer is through a successful inbound marketing campaign that generates website traffic, encourages community engagement, and embraces thought leadership. Not only that, a successful campaign can bring about new visitors ready and waiting to be nurtured into new customers.
Let’s break down all of the lavish amenities that accompany the inbound marketing methodology by providing 9 reasons HubSpot and Inbound work together for your startup success with the help of CONTENT.
Content, like individuals, comes in all shapes and sizes. However, the tone and development of said content is largely based on your industry, target audience, and the sales cycle for which the content is being produced. The individuality of your content is largely a deciding factor in its success. For example, creating different forms of content like infographics, video and blog posts are just a few ways to add variety in your content for your audience.
And with content creation and content distribution, a large part of marketing success involves the adoption of content marketing and marketing automation.
Content Marketing and Marketing Automation
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience—and ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.—Content Marketing Institute
Content marketing is creating content that addresses your audience’s wants and needs. Instead using your content to produce a generalized message, you need to narrow down your scope to a specific group of people and engage with them on a seemingly personal level. In today’s market, buyers want to feel special and valued. And great way to streamline this process is through marketing automation.
Marketing automation is designed to help you prioritize and execute your marketing tasks in a more streamlined and efficient way.—HubSpot
Now content marketing and marketing automation go hand in hand. Because without content, you won’t know what types of content your audience is interested in as well as not know what types of topics within your industry that they need help solving. And with marketing automation, it ensures that you get your content out to the right people, in the right format, at the right time.
How does content and automation better market your startup?
Attract, Convert, Close and Delight are the 4 stages to the inbound methodology. And instead of shouting at your potential customers to come and buy your products and services, you are instead ensuring that their entire buying experience is valuable—educating them throughout the buying process about what their pain point is, how to solve it, and ultimately how your products and services can remedy it.
And the best way to get this information out to your audience is through content marketing and automation. With that being said, learn how these 11 reasons HubSpot and Inbound Marketing work for startups:
- Lowers Customer Acquisition Costs (CAC): This is a great reason if your budget is on the slim side. And a way to achieve more customers and maximizing your budget is to dedicate your spending into targeted content creation based on your buyer personas and personalized lead nurturing workflows especially implemented in your email marketing strategy.
- Provides added value to your community: Smart content, for example, is a great way to customize your user’s experience to your brand and to delight them into an brand advocates by putting their needs first above all others in every way possible. This is established by how much time you dedicate in establishing who you are specifically trying to engage with prior, throughout and even after the entire sales process.
- Encourages engagement with products and services: Getting your audience engaged with your brand is simple through the transparency and relevance you provide throughout every interaction you have with them. A great way to build this engagement is not only through social media but also using the intimacy of email marketing to send them a memorable message into their inbox.
- Tells your brand’s story: Transparency and value are the keys to building trust with your audience. And if you can provide that through your content, e.g. behind the scenes exclusives or live Q&A’s, you’re creating a natural way for your audience to learn about your brand’s story and overall company culture.
- Communicates your startup’s unique value proposition to potential customers: The more you show value in educating your audience, the more your potential customers will see the value in your products and services.
- Produces, on average, a higher overall return on marketing investment: Implementing social listening, list segmentation, and lead generating, converting and nurturing content are just a few ways content marketing and automation can maximize your ROI.
- Creates a foundation for thought leadership community building: Your company has a message to share. Why not be the voice in your industry for your audience? Become a thought leader by informing your audience on the latest up-to-date industry news as well as the inside scoop into latest products and services that can benefit their lives.
- Boosts organic traffic from search engines: By creating lead generating content, e.g. blog posts or videos, you creating a hub for visitors to learn about your brand—getting eyes on your website and ultimately your products and services.
- Helps your website rank higher on Google: Implementing a keyword strategy for the content on your website will help you rank higher in Google especially if you’re incorporating video into your content marketing strategy.
All of these business boosting benefits seem pretty amazing, right? Let’s review a few important tips to keep in mind when you get started with inbound:
- Research your target markets and create your buyer persona profiles.
- Tell your brand's story in as many ways as you deem necessary. You may have a few different buyer personas, or target markets. It’s important to speak to them individually if their behavior varies drastically.
- Establish high level themes your content will focus around. This is where your buyer persona profiles will come in handy. Be sure the content you are creating aligns properly with the wants, needs and pain points of your target audience. So if your audience needs help with website design, then your content should reflect this main pain point.
- Be sure you fully understand SEO.
Content builds relationships. Relationships are built on trust. Trust drives revenue.—Andrew Davis
Outbound marketing is disruptive, aggravating, and too in-your-face for it to be effective. Likewise, outbound marketing is triple the cost of inbound marketing.
There are no limits on the amount of content you should produce. If you have the time and the resources, there is nothing holding your marketing back from getting ahead of the pack. Create your heart out, boost lead generation, and grow your startup with inbound marketing!
Subscribe to our BLOG
Stay in touch & learn how to attract customers, become a thought leader, create effective marketing campaigns, & more.
You might also be interested in: