In today’s FAQ Friday, let’s explore the top inbound marketing trends and tools that will crossover into the new year.What are 3 top inbound marketing trends that will crossover into 2018?
Popular trends can seem very fickle, especially when it comes to your brand. Because in the long run, you don’t really know if that particular trend is going to be lucrative for your business as most people believe it to be right now, i.e., Vine gets shut down and the death of BLAB.
But this is the marketing world. And marketing is all about becoming a practitioner in a variety of different avenues in order to solidify which ones work the best with your brand.
For example, Gary Vaynerchuk is all about jumping on different platforms and learning the ins and outs through practice. Google AdWords, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and especially Snapchat, he’s practiced them all. He mentions this in an interview with Entrepreneur in the following video:
That’s why in 2018 invest in one inbound marketing trend, and see how it works with your brand. In fact, review the top 3 trends that will crossover into 2018 based on the following statistics:
Expect more focus in mobile
- 80% of internet users own a smartphone.
- 71% of marketers believe mobile marketing is core to their business.
- YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year.
- 65% of U.S. marketers plan to increase their mobile ad budgets to account for video according to eMarketer.
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others, according to Invodo
Expect more production in video marketing and visual content
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than all three major U.S. T.V. networks combined have created in 30 years.
- 87% of online marketers use video content according to Outbrain.
- 96% of B2B organizations use video in some capacity in their marketing campaigns of which 73% report positive results to their ROI, according to a survey conducted by ReelSEO.
Expect an increase in social media marketing
- For context, as of July 2015, total worldwide population is 7.3 billion.
- The internet has 3.17 billion users.
- There are 2.3 billion active social media users.
- Internet users have an average of 5.54 social media accounts.
- Social media users have risen by 176 million in the last year.
- 1 million new active mobile social users are added every day. That’s 12 each second.
What’s the most effective inbound marketing tool for 2018?
Tool #1: Social Media
Social media is essential to building brand awareness. Outside of not having a website, if you don’t have social media, it’s harder for people to trust your brand, especially now that looking people up on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn has become a natural occurrence.
Social media is way to establish trust and credibility with your brand. It is also a hub for your past, current, and potential clients to congregate and talk about your brand openly—potentially spreading awareness to their friends, loved ones, and colleagues. For more insight on how businesses are using social media, review the following infographic for yourself and see how executives are using social media to market their business:
There are definitely more tools outside of social media like video, blogging, and SEO. Your job as a marketer is to select which inbound marketing tools work the best for your brand. Then create measurable tactics to implement in your marketing strategy. Learn the difference between inbound marketing tools and tactics with the following infographic:
If you have questions you would like to see featured in our weekly FAQ Friday, please submit them in the comments below or mention us @DirectImages on Twitter. Until next FAQ Friday, keep your communication lines open. Don’t know the answer—just ASK.
Subscribe to our BLOG
Stay in touch & learn how to attract customers, become a thought leader, create effective marketing campaigns, & more.
You might also be interested in: