So, you are thinking of hiring a video production company to produce a professional video for you and you were wondering, “What does it cost to produce a video?” You may discover wildly fluctuating prices ranging from under $1,000 to over $25,000 and wonder why there is such a wide swing in cost. Price range depends upon a number of factors.
What is the degree of producing required? Will you be calling all the shots or did you need some creative development and someone to oversee the project from beginning to end?
- Are there any script writing or script editing services you need?
- What is the estimated length of the marketing video?
- Is it a live action video shot on a camera, an animated video or a combination of both?
- Is this just a video shoot as is with no editing, or will editing and titles be required?
- Will this be a single camera shoot or multi-camera shoot?
- What type of camera and format of video will be used?
- How many shots or setups do you need?
- Are there any specialty shots required like time-lapse or drone videography?
- Beyond basic lighting and camera movement, are there any special lighting and grip needs?
- What is the size of the crew? Did you just need a one-man-band or did you need a highly produced marketing video?
- What are the number of shots planned? What is the degree of complexity of the shoot?
- How many shooting days are needed?
- How many locations are there?
- Are there any location fees or prop needs?
- Are there studio or green screen stage requirements?
- What are the lighting or grip requirements? Is it a day or night shoot, an interior or exterior?
- Are you planning on any voice-over talent or on-screen talent? If so, what are the talent fees?
- Will a teleprompter be needed?
- Are there makeup or wardrobe requirements?
- Are there stock video needs or licensing fees required?
- Will there be any motion graphics, animation or visual effects?
- Will there be music or other post-production audio requirements?
- How may reviews of the edit did you want?
- How will the final video be delivered? What is the video compression requirement?
Bill Knowland, Producer
Video producers are used to working on a wide range of projects at varying prices. They can help you with planning and budgeting for your marketing video and help you determine the best production value for your project.
You may also be interested in: