Social media is where it's at in today's world for spreading the news about your product, interacting with your customer and building a loyal fan base. With 84% of B2B marketers on social media to promote their business, it's vital to stay up-to-date online or risk falling behind your competition.Coming up with new social media marketing campaign ideas can feel like a bit of a challenge. It can be difficult to know how best to invest your energy in the various networks. Undoubtedly it is important to do so, and while it's nice to follow a pattern that is guaranteed to work, it's also important to be original in your campaigns. So here, to kick you off, are some social media marketing campaign ideas as well as the factors that can help make or break your social media attempts.
- One of the simplest campaign ideas that can get a great response from your following and help spread the word about your company and your products is to feature a prize giveaway. By encouraging people to share a post on Facebook or to retweet a post on Twitter to enter, you can instantly create a post that will get a great reach. If your giveaway is one of your products or services, this allows a lot of exposure for this product to a lot of people who may never have heard of it.
- Another idea high on the list of great social media marketing campaign ideas is to release some valued info as a reward for either reaching a certain number of followers or for sharing a post a certain number of times. This way, fans of your product can actively help you promote yourself in a very permission-based way, and feel more personally invested in your social media success as a business. The released info could be a sneak peek at a new product, a giveaway, an exclusive clip or interview, live question and answer session, or another type of online event that fans will enjoy.
- Sometimes, it can be great to give recognition back to your online community. While social media marketing campaign ideas can seem to focus on your business, a great campaign can be to simply pick and feature a customer and highlight what they do and how your product or service has helped them. This gives your customers exposure for their business or company while giving others a concrete example of what your product can do.
- One of the more ambitious, but creatively rewarding social media marketing campaign ideas, is to start an online trend. While it can be very difficult to predict what will go viral and what won't, a good rule of thumb is simply to create content that provides something of value to your fans. Whether it's starting a weekly DIY post where you share a little-known fact about your industry or creating short, micro-blogging videos to highlight some behind the scenes aspect or even a humorous meme or blog to share a joke with your following, this campaign is all about creating shareable content that unites your current following and engages potential fans and customers.
- Keep track of everything that you are doing and make notes on what works and what doesn't. While not an idea in and of itself, this principle should apply to all of your social media marketing campaign ideas. After all, how can you know where your energy is beset spent unless you keep track of what your audience is responding to? Once you have this information, you can use it to not only make your marketing efforts more efficient but also to bring your fans more of what they enjoy hearing from you.
Social media marketing campaign ideas can seem a bit intimidating at first. The challenge of continuously giving your following valuable, interesting information can feel like a high-pressure task, but it is also one of the best opportunities you have to market yourself. By embracing creative solutions and becoming more aware of what your audience wants from you, you can build a highly influential social media presence. If you're feeling a little unsure of where to start, calling in professional help can also get you off to the right start! Contact us today for more social media marketing campaign ideas and how to best measure your results and build your business online.
Subscribe to our BLOG
Stay in touch & learn how to attract customers, become a thought leader, create effective marketing campaigns, & more.
You might also be interested in: