Has your company embraced the changing times? Have you decided to jump into video marketing head first, but feel stuck, confused, or misled? Introducing a new element to your marketing mix, product branding, or business marketing strategy can really put a jam in your well oiled lead generation machine. However, it does not have to default to chaos. In today’s article, get ready for your how to video marketing introduction.
Video marketing is a powerful means for promoting anything you want online, whether it’s a product, service, opt-in form, website, blog, etc.—AnimosityPierre
First, understand the ways you can use video within your inbound marketing strategy. There are several types of videos trending and creating a buzz in the marketing world. Some of those types of videos include:
- Explainer videos effectively “explains” or tells the viewer about a specific product or service
- Testimonial videos highlight the points-of-view your customers and/or investors.
- Interactive videos engage your viewers to interact with your content. For example, creating interactive training videos for your business would benefit employee engagement & strengthen company culture.
- Blog videos boost your content by connecting with your audience personally—share tips and other insights in a visual format or in a combination of both visual and written articles.
These are just a few ways your company can incorporate video into your marketing plan. Although it seems simple, there are a lot of factors that come into play when choosing the right type of video for your company.
Second, know and fully understand the cost of production prior to jumping into a shoot. In order to do this, you will need to fully understand the process of production. If you don’t know the process of production, you can start by reviewing the checklist below—“The Top 10 Questions for Your Next Video Production Budget".
Third, appreciate the importance of time. Time is money and it is a tall order to hope a potential lead will watch 8 minutes of a testimonial video when it could have been a home run in 90 seconds. Keep your concepts short and sweet. Drive the point home with a unique message that’s tied with your branding strategy.
Business decision makers love online video because it gives them the most amount of information in the shortest amount of time.—Robert Weiss
Final key points when using videos in your marketing strategy:
- The more clear and concise your message, the more impactful it will be your audience.
- 45% of viewers will stop watching a video after 1 minute and 60% by 2 minutes, according to Visible Measures.
- This is a visual platform. So be visually appealing. Use eye-catching visuals to help support your message.
- Show personality. Whoever or whatever is starring your video, be sure they are connecting with your audience. Especially if your actors are in-house, make a point to show off not only their own personality but also your overall company culture.
Humor, where appropriate, is a great addition to your video… so embrace the personality of your product, and let it shine through!—Adam Hayes
And as a quick exercise, explore how the Dollar Shave Club is utilizing these tips in their marketing explainer video below:
Video can seem like just another challenge to overcome, but I see a major increase in my business and brand awareness, all from the power of video.—Lewis Howes
Subscribe to our BLOG
Stay in touch & learn how to attract customers, become a thought leader, create effective marketing campaigns, & more.